Event timing results will be available as soon as possible after the race ends.
2019 Pride 5K Run and Walk
The Front Runners & Walkers Pride 5K Run and Walk is the most fun and wacky event of the summer. It’s a great way to kick off the LGBTQ Pride Parade with a healthy activity and a lot of fun – and do some good for our charity partners while you’re at it!
- Saturday, July 13, 2019, 8:00 A.M.
- Race start and finish: University Avenue at Centre Street.
- Activities begin at 7:00 AM with our preferred sponsors
- Warm up and Stretch begins at 7:00 A.M.
Partners & Sponsors
Countdown to the Pride 5K
2019 Pride 5K Run and Walk Details
- $40 – Until July 1
- $45 – July 1 – July 12
- $50 – Race Day
Race Shirts and Finisher’s Medal
Every participant will receive a beautiful, top-quality, short-sleeve shirt and a finisher’s medal. Shirts must be picked up at the bib pick-up hours or on race day. They will not be mailed. While we will do all we can to ensure you receive the shirt size you request, unfortunately, we cannot make any guarantees.
As this is a charity event, we are unable to offer refunds or transfers on entry fees.
You can now register and run as a team! Not only do you get bragging rights for being awesome, we have special prizes for the top Male Team, Female Team and Mixed Team.
There’s no limit to the number of people on your team – but you must have at least 5 to qualify for prizes; the five fastest runners will count for scoring. At least one scoring member must be from the opposite gender.
You may pick up your bib and registration packed the day before the race, or on race day.
Pre-race bib pick-up
Friday, July 12, 2019
2:00pm – 7:00pm
San Diego LGBT Community Center
3909 Centre Street
San Diego, Ca 92103
Race day registration and bib pickup
- Saturday, July 13, 2019
- 6:00 and 7:45 a.m
- At the start of the race at The LGBT Center on Normal Street/University Avenue
You won’t want to miss the stage and start of the race!
What if I can’t pick up my bib packet on Friday?
Not to worry! You have a couple options. You can either have someone else pick up your bib number and race shirt for you or you can pick it up on race day. If someone else is going to pick up your racing material, they must come with a photocopy or picture of your ID – no exceptions.
Race Day Gear Check
You may check your gear on race morning at the Gear Check area.
Don’t pack valuables and keep in mind the race organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
For the safety of runners, baby joggers are allowed, but will be asked to start behind all runners.
Bicycles, inline skates, motorized scooters, skateboards, are not allowed. Pets are not allowed unless it’s a service animal.
- 5K: Top 3 in each age division, male/female.
(12 & Under, 13-17, 18-27, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+)
- Teams (Top team in all-male, all-female, and mixed team categories)
- Every participant will receive finisher’s medal.
- Restrooms: Portable restrooms are available at Registration staging area.
- Water will be served at the start, the finish and at one location on the course.
- After you cross the finish line, treat yourself to some delicious goodies.
Race Central – state of the art ChronoTrack systems will be used to record your true time from the start line to finish line. The ChronoTrack system uses a UHF RFID disposable tag that allows you to walk away after the finish without having your tag collected. Your results will be available the day of the event in the early afternoon – check back here for the link.
Why do we run? Because it’s super fun! But also because we’re doing some good for San Diego.
- The Center’s Youth Housing Project
- San Diego Pride Community Grants
The Pride 5K has committed nearly $40,000 to these organizations thanks to your participation!
- Runners/Walkers will start at University Ave. and Centre St. and will run Westbound on University Ave.
- Runners/Walkers will then turn onto 6th Ave. and run Southbound.
- Runners/Walkers then turn onto Balboa Drive and go South.
- Runners/Walkers will then turn around roughly 500ft past Quince St. and do the reverse route back to the finish line.
- Runners/Walkers will turn onto 6th Ave. and head Northbound.
- Runners/Walkers will then turn right onto University Ave., run Eastbound on University Ave. to the finishline at Centre St. and Normal St.
- Runners/Walkers will finish at Centre St. and University Ave.
New This Year – This 100-yard FREE fun run is for ages 8 and under and all participants get a prize.
Personalize and decorate participant bibs at our craft table before the event!
Start time is at 7:30 AM by InsideOut on University Ave in Hillcrest.