Event timing results will be available as soon as possible after the race ends.
2020 Pride 5K Run and Walk – Together We Rise
The Front Runners & Walkers Pride 5K Run and Walk is the most fun and wacky event of the summer. It’s a great way to kick off the LGBTQ Pride Parade with a healthy activity and a lot of fun – and do some good for our charity partners while you’re at it!
- Saturday, July 18, 2020, 8:00 A.M.
- Race start and finish: University Avenue at Centre Street.
- Activities begin at 7:00 AM with our preferred sponsors
- Warm up and Stretch begins at 7:00 A.M.
Partners & Sponsors
Countdown to the Pride 5K
2020 Pride 5K Run and Walk Details
- $40 – Until June 15
- $45 – June 16 – July 17
- $50 – Race Day (July 18)
Race Shirts and Finisher’s Medal
Every participant will receive a beautiful, top-quality, short-sleeve shirt and a finisher’s medal. Shirts must be picked up at the bib pick-up hours or on race day. They will not be mailed. While we will do all we can to ensure you receive the shirt size you request, unfortunately, we cannot make any guarantees.
As this is a charity event, we are unable to offer refunds or transfers on entry fees.
You can now register and run as a team! Not only do you get bragging rights for being awesome, we have special prizes for the top Male Team, Female Team and Mixed Team.
There’s no limit to the number of people on your team – but you must have at least 5 to qualify for prizes; the five fastest runners will count for scoring. At least one scoring member must be from the opposite gender.
You may pick up your bib and registration packed the day before the race, or on race day.
Pre-race bib pick-up
Friday July 17, 2020
2:00pm – 7:00pm
Race day registration and bib pickup
- Saturday July 18, 2020
- 6:00 to 7:45 a.m
- At the start of the race at The LGBT Center on Normal Street/University Avenue
You won’t want to miss the pre-race activities and vendor village
What if I can’t pick up my bib packet on Friday?
Not to worry! You have a couple options. You can either have someone else pick up your bib number and race shirt for you or you can pick it up on race day. If someone else is going to pick up your racing material, they must come with a photocopy or picture of your ID – no exceptions.
Race Day Gear Check
You may check your gear on race morning at the Gear Check area.
Don’t pack valuables and keep in mind the race organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
For the safety of runners, baby joggers are allowed, but will be asked to start behind all runners.
Bicycles, inline skates, motorized scooters, skateboards, are not allowed. Pets are not allowed unless it’s a service animal.
- 5K: Top 3 in each age division, male/female.
(12 & Under, 13-17, 18-27, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+)
- Teams (Top team in all-male, all-female, and mixed team categories)
- Every participant will receive finisher’s medal.
- Restrooms: Portable restrooms are available at Registration staging area.
- Water will be served at the start, the finish and at one location on the course.
- After you cross the finish line, treat yourself to some delicious goodies.
The race will timed using chip timing; your race bib will contain your chip. Your results will be available the day of the event and the results will be linked through this website.
Why do we run? Because it’s super fun! But also because we’re doing some good for San Diego.
- The Center’s Youth Housing Project
- San Diego Pride Community Grants
In 2019 your support led to $20,000 worth of donations to our charity partners, with your participation this year, we’re targeting even more!
- Runners/Walkers will start at University Ave. and Centre St. and will run Westbound on University Ave.
- Runners/Walkers will then turn onto 6th Ave. and run Southbound.
- Runners/Walkers then turn onto Balboa Drive and go South.
- Runners/Walkers will then turn around roughly 500ft past Quince St. and do the reverse route back to the finish line.
- Runners/Walkers will turn onto 6th Ave. and head Northbound.
- Runners/Walkers will then turn right onto University Ave., run Eastbound on University Ave. to the finishline at Centre St. and Normal St.
- Runners/Walkers will finish at Centre St. and University Ave.
This 100-yard FREE fun run is for ages 8 and under and all participants get a prize.
Personalize and decorate participant bibs at our craft table before the event!
Start time is at 7:30 AM by InsideOut on University Ave in Hillcrest.
Host Hotel: Hotel Indigo
Hotel Indigo in the Gaslamp is the preferred hotel partner for Pride 5K Run & Walk.
Front Runners Corporate ID: 786865770.